I’m sure by now everyone has been following the quickly growing forum thread on 2+2 about the breaking news in the Full Tilt takeover story. That thread is growing so quickly it is hard to keep up with at the moment, so were going to post the cliff notes of the breaking story here for you. With each point we will give a link where you can visit the source of the information.
- 2 days ago Daniel Cates tweets that some promising news is coming in regards to the Full Tilt situation
- This morning a 2+2 thread is launched by an unknown poster stating that the Full Tilt deal with Laurent Tapie’s group has fallen through and Pokerstars has moved in to make the purchase
- NoahSD, the forum moderator, posts that he is leaving the thread open because several reliable sources have confirmed this news to him privately
- Another unknown poster states that they have a family member that is a Pokerstars employee and has confirmed the news
- The CEO of ChiliPoker is the first to confirm via Twitter that Pokerstars has purchased FT for 750 million dollars with an agreement to pay back the 300 million dollars owed to players
- egaming review tweets a quote from Laurent Tapie stating “our efforts to obtain final DOJ approval to acquire the assets of Full Tilt Poker have ended without success” and that more information is to follow
- Many poker news websites begin to confirm the news
- Quadjacks radio site has Tom Victor, an egaming review representative on their radio stream to discuss the his previously mention tweet
- iGaming Post releases an article with a full statement from the Tapie group explaining the situation that references the Stars takeover, but does not entirely confirm the news
- News circulates of a Stars press release to be given very soon
- Shaun Deeb opens a thread stating that a reliable source has told him that the Full Tilt deal is done, players will receive their money within 90 days and FT will be open in the US market
- Andrew Feldman (not the player) tweets that he has spoken to Pokerstars and they have no comment at this time
- Pokerstars releases an initial statement acknowledging the rumors but does not confirm nor deny any information
This is all we know at this point, and hopefully Stars will fill us in soon. If they release anything it will likely come via their press release site, so keep your eyes peeled.